In the framework of the UNDP/GEF project "Development and commercialization of bioenergy technologies in the municipal sector in Ukraine" prepared an Analytical report and recommendations for growing energy crops in Ukraine. The Report also shows:
- overview of the current situation in the agricultural sector in the context of growing energy crops (energy willow, poplar and miscanthus and others), particularly regarding their availability and quantity;
- analysis of possibilities of using agricultural land for growing energy crops (political, legislative, administrative);
- overview of the different types of energy crops, identification of opportunities and the characteristics of their cultivation in Ukraine;
- economic analysis of energy crop sector in Ukraine;
- strengths and weaknesses of cultivating energy plants in Ukraine;
- review practice of growing energy crops in the EU and the world.